1/1 Photo of Stuffed Potato Halves
A great way to eat potatoes, they can be filled with anything that takes your fancy, like crispy bacon, cheese, peppers, onions by just mixing it in with the mash. Delicious hot or cold, can be made ahead and kept in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the potatoes and bake or microwave until cooked through, set aside to cool.
- 2Cook the sweet corn and drain, fry the bacon and crumble. Dice the rest.
- 3You can literally use anything you like from bits of cold meat, through to cooked asparagus. The choice is yours.
- 4Cut the potatoes in half, carefully scoop out the inside, going close to the skin but without cutting through. Mash the potatoes and add the seasoning, a dash of milk added is good if its too solid.
- 5Carefully place the mash back into the skins - I always do 11 out of the 12 halves, as this gives more mash, so its nice and piled up.
- 6Heat in a hot oven for about 20 minutes, covered with foil, or in the Microwave on medium for about 7-10 minutes.
- 7Serve Hot. Goes well with salads at Barbecues, buffets or with lasagne, cannelloni, cold meats and salads.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Potato Halves
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.4
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 175.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 10.1 g