Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
a Tasty and economical way to cook potatoes and eggs with tarragon for flair.
- 2 cups fresh diced potatoes
- 2 cups fresh cut-up broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry tarragon
- In 10-inch omelet pan or skillet, stir together potatoes, broccoli, onion and water. Cover. Cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Uncover. If necessary, continue cooking until water is evaporated. Reduce heat to low.
- In medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk salt, if desired and pepper until blended.
- Pour over cooked vegetables. Cover. Cook until eggs are almost set, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with cheese and tarragon, if desired. Cover.
- Let stand until eggs are completely set and cheese is melted, about 3 to 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve from pan.