1/1 Photo of Stuffed Potato Balls ( Papas Rellenas )
Puerto Rican Stuffed Potato Balls are great as a snack or appetizer or make them large for nice side dish. Another great recipe from About Latin Caribbean Food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the hot mashed potatoes, eggs, butter and 2 teaspoons of cornstarch. Set aside and let cool.
- 2In a frying pan, heat the olive oil. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Stir to break up the meat.
- 3Add the sofrito, tomato sauce, oregano and salt to the cooked ground beef. Mix thoroughly. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 4Spread a spoonful of the potato dough mix in the palm of your hand. Make an indentation in the middle and stuff it with the meat mixture.
- 5Cover the filling with more potato dough. Shape into a ball. Dust the ball lightly with the remaining cornstarch.
- 6Repeat until mix is used up.
- 7Deep fry the stuffed potato balls until golden (about 2 minutes).
- 8Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 9Servings: Makes 12 to 16 potato balls.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Potato Balls ( Papas Rellenas )
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.8
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 116.4 mg
- Sodium 970.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: