Recipe by berry271
Found in TOH's June/July 2008 magazine. Submitted by Mike Bass who says you can also substitute feta or cream cheese for the goat cheese.
Top Review by Boomette
This is a good recipe but we found that something was missing. I think that 1 tsp of goat cheese in 1 portobello mushroom is not enough. I added more. It would be great also with another cheese like mozza or cheddar. Maybe some spices. Thanks Berry :) Made for New Kids on the Block tag game
- 6 medium portabella mushrooms
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 6 tablespoons roasted sweet red pepper strips
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems from mushrooms and place caps on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Fill each cap with a teaspoon of the goat cheese and top with 1 tablespoon of the pepper strips.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Bake at 350F until mushrooms are tender and cheese is melted, about 15-20 minutes.