Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve as a side dish for an Italian meal or as an appetizer
- 12 portobellini mushrooms, 2 1/2 "- 4-inch caps
- 2 hot Italian sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small minced onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Brush dirt from mushrooms.
- Cut off and mince stems and set aside.
- Remove casings from sausages.
- In nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook minced stems, sausages, onion, garlic and oregano, breaking sausages up with back of spoon for 8 minutes or until sausages are no longer pink.
- Add 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, wine , salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Divide among mushroom caps mounding in centre.
- Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake in 375 oven for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Uncover and broil for 2 minutes or until golden and bubbly.