Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 8 large portabella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 scallions, green and white parts, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Remove the stems from the portobello mushrooms.
- Place the whole mushroom caps smooth side down on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over moderate heat and saute the bell peppers, scallions, sun dried tomatoes, and garlic until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the basil, oregano, and thyme.
- Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.