Recipe by pamela t.
I found this recipe years ago but updated to include sun-dried tomatoes and cilantro. These could be served as an appetizer, but are so filling that you may make them the entree and serve a salad. Perfect for outdoor fun!
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves, washed
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of celery soup
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Set the caps upside down in a 13 x 9" pan.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add onion and cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and spinach.
- Cook until spinach is just wilted.
- Stir in the soup and heat through.
- Spoon the filling into each mushroom cap.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Mix the cheese and breadcrumbs in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over the mushrooms.
- Heat the broiler.
- Broil the mushrooms for 5 minutes or until the topping is golden.
- garnish with a spring of fresh cilantro.