Recipe by Montana Heart Song
I purchased these mushrooms and have created a few recipes to use them.Two kinds of cheese are used. Serve with buttered pasta.
Top Review by Slewfoot Sue
OMG! Okay, I improvised -- used lox instead of canned salmon and Old Bay spice instead of Alpine and of course ALWAYS butter (NEVER margarine!) For color, used a red pepper instead of green and thick cream instead of evap. milk. This tasted sinful and was just absolutely heavenly!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces canned salmon, skin removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon alpine touch seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 eggs or 1 Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 cups unseasoned bread cubes
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup minced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced water chestnut
- 1⁄3 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄3 cup diced green pepper
- 6 full size portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, salmon, seasoning, milk, egg, and italian seasoning. Mix on slow speed with mixer.
- Melt margarine and mix with bread cubes in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- With a spoon, mix celery, water chesnuts, carrots and green pepper.
- Add bread cubes.
- Place mushrooms, cap side down on greased baking pan.
- Preheat oven 375*.
- Mound filling in each cap.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Top each mushroom with shredded cheese and place under the broiler until melted and starting to turn a little brown.