Recipe by Mysterygirl
This recipe is from my mother in law. I think the use of artichokes is different than any other stuffed mushroom recipe I've seen. Note that this is best when the filling has a chance to sit overnight but that isn't absolutely necessary.
Top Review by Limbojed
Very tasty, but a little rich. Next time, and we will make this again, we're gonna use slightly less cream cheese and more crab meat. We agree with using leeks instead of green onions.
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 1⁄2 ounces crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup artichoke heart, diced
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps
- 8 ounces provolone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, crab, artichokes, parmesean cheese and green onions mixing well.
- Store mixture overnight in an airtight container to allow the flavors to meld.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Clean mushrooms, removing stem at the base (this should pop out easily).
- Divide cheese mixture between mushrooms.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with bread crumbs.
- Bake until crumbs are nicely toasted about 5 minutes.
- Top with a slice of provolone cheese and return to oven.
- Bake mushrooms until cheese is melted and bubbly, about another 15 minutes.