Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from my mother in law. I think the use of artichokes is different than any other stuffed mushroom recipe I've seen. Note that this is best when the filling has a chance to sit overnight but that isn't absolutely necessary.
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 1⁄2 ounces crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup artichoke heart, diced
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps
- 8 ounces provolone cheese
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, crab, artichokes, parmesean cheese and green onions mixing well.
- Store mixture overnight in an airtight container to allow the flavors to meld.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Clean mushrooms, removing stem at the base (this should pop out easily).
- Divide cheese mixture between mushrooms.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with bread crumbs.
- Bake until crumbs are nicely toasted about 5 minutes.
- Top with a slice of provolone cheese and return to oven.
- Bake mushrooms until cheese is melted and bubbly, about another 15 minutes.
Very tasty, but a little rich. Next time, and we will make this again, we're gonna use slightly less cream cheese and more crab meat. We agree with using leeks instead of green onions.
This was really easy to make, i happened to have some king crab legs in the freezer to use, didn't have any artichoke hearts, but it was still really good! I used a package of the smaller portabella mushroom but that just made more for sharing.
I added the entire can of artichoke hearts, 9 ozs of crabmeat, reduced fat cream cheese and sour cream. It was still very good