Stuffed with pork sausage, cheeses and onions, this is a recipe teenagers loved!
Make and share this Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown sausage in a skillet. Drain.
- Add in a mixing bowl the cheeses, onion, tomatoes, basil, black pepper, and chili sauce. Mix well.
- Combine the sausage with the above ingredients. Mix well.
- Spray cooking pan with non - stick spray.
- Place mushrooms with the top down in the pan and drizzle a sm. amount olive oil over the mushrooms.
- Into the center of the mushrooms add the sausage mixture.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
I love stuffed mushrooms so I knew I had to try this recipe. I really liked the flavor of these mushrooms. Very tasty and simple to make. Great job!
I cut this down (1/4th recipe) to make 2 large mushrooms, as a side. I subbed fresh basil for what I assume was supposed to be dried? (1 tbls. fresh for 1/4 tsp dried). Also, no instructions given on prepping the mushroom, which, as an experienced cook, I knew what to do, but some others might not. Great flavor and really liked that there is no bread in these, as so many stuffed mushrooms have. I also added a bit of shredded parmesan on top while baking. Made for RSC #16.