Recipe by Irmgard
This is a nice change from the usual meat-based entrees. Serve with a salad or your favourite vegetables.
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, almonds, tomatoes, chives and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Remove the mushroom stems and reserve for another use, such as stock.
- Brush the mushroom caps all over with oil.
- Place, gill side down, on a greased broiler pan.
- Broil just until the juices release, about 4 minutes.
- Turn the mushrooms over.
- Spoon the cheese filling evenly over the gills.
- Broil until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are tender, about 4 minutes.