Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful side dish to any meal. I use to stuff Portobello mushrooms with just bread crumbs but now this is my favorite way to use them with any main course.
- 4 portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup of home made spaghetti sauce (Store bought is ok too but buy a good quality sauce)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices pepperoni, thin slices, quartered
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Brush the mushrooms with olive oil and place mushrooms stem side up on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of the spaghetti sauce on each of the mushrooms and top each with 3 tablespoons of the mozzarella cheese.
- Evenly scatter pepperoni over the mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and oregano.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until the mushrooms are hot and the cheese is lightly browned.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on a plate and serve immediately.