Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice side dish from Woman's Day.
Make and share this Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 4 mushrooms, portabello, medium
- 2⁄3 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cheese, white cheddar, crumbled
- Remove mushroom stems and chop.
- In a medium skillet, sauté mushroom stems, bell peppers, green onions, garlic and basil in butter until tender.
- Cool and add cheese; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake mushrooms, smooth side down, in a buttered dish for 15 minutes at 425º.
- Spoon filling into mushrooms and bake for 10 minutes more.
I had some portobello mushrooms that needed to be used in the fridge, so I found this recipe and made it. I used mozzarella cheese. My husband and I loved this, of course the kids hated it since they think that eating mushrooms is cruel and unusual punishment. I smelled fantastic while sauteing on the stove, too. Thanks for the great recipe.
I served this along side an omelet with salsa and fresh tomato slices for Sunday brunch - perfect! I cut the recipe back to 2 portobellos - no problem. Used a mix of Cheddar & Jalapeno Gouda cheese -excellent results thanks Miss Annie for a lovely meal