This has a wonderful Italian flavor and was a favorite with my tasting victims. I had such fun creating this recipe, and hope everyone enjoys eating it as much as I did creating it. These can be prepared ahead of time and popped into the over before eating. The times are really a guess because I was creating three different recipes at one time. The chicken can be poached if you prefer (place garlic and chicken in water and keep water at just below boiling point)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large portabella mushrooms (stems and gills removed)
- 1 (8 ounce) chicken breasts
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons celery, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons scallions, sliced thin starting with the white part, slice the green part for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine (I used chardonnay)
- sliced green from scallion (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Wipe outside of mushrooms with damp cloth.
- 4Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry.
- 5Use microwave steamer or stovetop steamer.
- 6Put 6 cloves garlic in water.
- 7Place chicken in steamer portion.
- 8Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- 9Cook until done (about 5 minutes on high till juice is clear).
- 10When done and cooled a little put thru food processor or chopper until finely chopped.
- 11Set aside.
- 13Wash, cut in half and boil potatoes till fork tender.
- 14Peel potatoes when done.
- 15Mash thoroughly.
- 16Add milk and butter to potatoes.
- 17Whip till smooth.
- 18Set aside.
- 20Heat saute pan and add butter and EVOO.
- 21Saute scallions and celery for 2 minutes.
- 22Add wine and reduce for 2 minute.
- 23Stir in chicken.
- 24Stir in basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 25Mix in potatoes.
- 26Divide mixture between mushrooms.
- 27Rub olive oil on outside of mushrooms.
- 28Place on baking sheet.
- 29Bake for 15 minutes at 325.
- 30Sprinkle with scallions and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Portabella Italian
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.6
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 97.1 mg
- Sodium 313.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 28.3 g