Recipe by Miraklegirl
Another one from my sister's office mate.
Top Review by Kozmic Blues
Wonderful! These portabellos could be a meal in themselves. I loved the flavor of the filling paired with the meatiness of the roasted portabellos. The only think I did differenly was to saute all the the filling mixure with the oil and crushed red pepper for just a few minutes to soften the red peppers a bit. I also sprinkled some asagio cheese over the tops when they came out of the oven. Delicious!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 -6 portabella mushrooms, stems removed and reserved
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the garlic until golden.
- Add red pepper flakes and remove from heat.
- Paint the mushrooms with half the oil and place gill side up on a baking sheet Chop the remaining stems and combine with remaining oil, black beans, bell pepper, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper Spoon the mixture over the caps and bake in preheated oven at 450 degrees until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.