Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
Pork loin and stuffing with cranberry sauce drizzled over it is a flavorsome dish you'd be proud to serve your guest. For more color add some steamed broccoli on the plate.
- 4 lbs boneless pork loin
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 small onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup day-old French bread, crusts removed
- 2 ounces smoked ham
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Butterfly pork loin by cutting through roast horizontally to within 1/4-inch of the other side.
- Do not cut all the way through.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in medium heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat, add onion, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer onion to food processor and add pecans, bread, ham, salt and pepper.
- Mince using on/off turns.
- Spread 1/4 to 1/2 of stuffing over pork loin, fold and tie with butcher's twine at 1 1/2-inch intervals.
- Place roast on rack in roasting pan; place in 350° oven and roast until internal temperature registers 155°, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake remaining stuffing in small casserole for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine water and sugar in 3-qt.
- non-aluminum saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat, making sure sugar is dissolved.
- Add cranberries, reduce heat, cover and simmer until berries pop, about 5 minutes.
- Puree in food processor and strain to remove skins.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Reheat gently, if necessary, before serving.
- Let roast stand 10 minutes before slicing thinly to serve.
- Serve pork, with extra stuffing on side, with cranberry sauce.