Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
For a nice strong flavor punch, top this with thinly shredded gorgonzola and put dried cranberries on top. I found this recipe at Obesity Help. The recipe was posted by hear_me_roar. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 3 lbs boneless pork roast
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 4 slices sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- chipotle hot sauce
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth or 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 teaspoons sweet basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine stuffing ingredients in food processor and pulse just until blended. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Slice open the roast so it lays out flat.
- Generously spread the stuffing mixture on the inside of the pork roast. Roll up the roast and tie ends securely.
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a casserole dish add the chicken broth and white wine. Place the roast in the casserole dish. Season the top of the roast with dried chives, sweet basil and salt and pepper.
- Put it in the oven for about 70-80 minutes and test the meat thermometer till it reads 165 (medium well roast pork) -- if you want it to be more tender, turn oven down cook it longer until 160 then let it rest (covered) for 10 mintutes -- very tender!