3 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
My mother gave me this recipe from Southern Living Magazine, many years ago, when I was looking for something different for Christmas Dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 lb) rolled boneless pork loin roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) jar cherry preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- heavy string, cut into 10 inch lengths
- 1Buy a boneless, rolled pork loin.
- 2Rolled pork loin comes in two pieces.
- 3Cut each one lengthwise to, but not through, the other side.
- 4Open the meat like a book and pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 5Sprinkle each side with 1/4 teaspoons each of salt, pepper, and coriander.
- 6To prepare stuffing:.
- 7Cook sausage until slightly pink; drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- 8Combine sausage and the next 9 ingredients; set aside.
- 9Lay out enough 10" pieces of string, spaced 2 inches apart, the length of meat.
- 10Place one piece of meat on strings, with strings crossing under meat horizontally.
- 11Spoon stuffing mixture evenly down center of one piece of meat.
- 12Top with remaining pork rectangle.
- 13Tie securely with the string at 2 inch intervals, securing sides together.
- 14Trim loose ends of string.
- 15Place roast on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 16Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the meat, making sure it doesn't touch fat or stuffing.
- 17Bake at 325 degrees for one hour and 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 145 degrees.
- 18Combine cherry preserves and orange marmalade; stir well.
- 19Brush roast with preserve mixture.
- 20Bake an additional one hour or until thermometer registers 160 degrees, basting often.
- 21Allow approximately 30-35 minutes per pound.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.1
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.3 mg
- Sodium 169.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb seasoned stuffing mix