Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
My mother gave me this recipe from Southern Living Magazine, many years ago, when I was looking for something different for Christmas Dinner.
- 1 (4 lb) rolled boneless pork loin roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) jar cherry preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- heavy string, cut into 10 inch lengths
- 1⁄4 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 3⁄4 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup peeled chopped tart apple
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Buy a boneless, rolled pork loin.
- Rolled pork loin comes in two pieces.
- Cut each one lengthwise to, but not through, the other side.
- Open the meat like a book and pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle each side with 1/4 teaspoons each of salt, pepper, and coriander.
- To prepare stuffing:.
- Cook sausage until slightly pink; drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine sausage and the next 9 ingredients; set aside.
- Lay out enough 10" pieces of string, spaced 2 inches apart, the length of meat.
- Place one piece of meat on strings, with strings crossing under meat horizontally.
- Spoon stuffing mixture evenly down center of one piece of meat.
- Top with remaining pork rectangle.
- Tie securely with the string at 2 inch intervals, securing sides together.
- Trim loose ends of string.
- Place roast on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the meat, making sure it doesn't touch fat or stuffing.
- Bake at 325 degrees for one hour and 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 145 degrees.
- Combine cherry preserves and orange marmalade; stir well.
- Brush roast with preserve mixture.
- Bake an additional one hour or until thermometer registers 160 degrees, basting often.
- Allow approximately 30-35 minutes per pound.