Recipe by renate_kf49
Great if made in the oven or bar-b-qued! The carrot left in the roast adds the extra flavor and provides a uniquely attractive presentation.
- 5 lbs round pork roast
- 1 large carrot, same length as roast
- 2 -3 medium onions, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley (or fresh parsley)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (opt add a little dry mustard also)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
Directions See How It's Made
- Stuffing: Mix onions, herbs and spices with the mustard.
- Cut an "X" into the lengthwise center of the roast.
- Press the stuffing into the roast with the carrot. LEAVE IN the carrot.
- In the oven: Roast in a covered roasting pan, with some water and onions, and same spices as above to add flavor while roasting.
- In the bar-b-que: Wrap in foil and turn frequently.