Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is a compilation of several found on Recipezaar and other sites; and then I added some things I like to it. It is easy to prepare (in spite of the detailed directions). In fact, the hardest part was "roll cutting" the loin. It is possible to stuff and secure the loin ahead of time and refrigerate before baking.
- 2 -3 lbs pork loin
- 1 (6 ounce) packagestovetop cornbread stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple, peeled cored and diced into 1/4-inch pieces. (use a good baking variety)
- 5 -6 slices bacon (optional)
- 5 potatoes, washed unpeeled, and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 dash kosher salt (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 dash seasoning salt (or to taste)
- Mix stuffing according to box instructions.
- Add cranberries and apples and mix well.
- Set stuffing aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll cut the pork loin. To roll cut, place the trimmed roast on a cutting board so that one end is directly in front of you. Take a very sharp knife and begin cutting on the side, parallel to the cutting board about 1 inch (more or less is up to you) from the board. As you cut, "unroll" the roast. Use a boning or filet knife for this.
- Spread the stuffing evenly on the unrolled loin.
- Roll the loin up - it should resemble a jelly roll.
- Wrap loin in bacon.
- Secure both ends with butcher's twine (cotton string). The secure middle of loin with 2-3 more pieces of string.
- Coat the inside bottom of a covered roaster with cooking spray.
- Arrange potatoes evenly on bottom of pan.
- Salt and Pepper Potatoes to taste.
- Place stuffed loin on potatoes sprinkle seasoned salt, pepper, and salt to taste.
- Place uncovered loin in ove for 10 minutes.
- lower oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Cover roaster and cook remaining 45-50 minutes until center of loin reaches 170 degrees.
- Let loin stand for at least 10 minutes before slicing. Plate potatoes while loin is standing.
- Remove string and slice loin into 1/2" to 3/4" slices.