Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
BBQ Stuffed Pork Loin for smoker or oven from texas bbq
- 1 pork loin, about 8 to 10 inches long and 4 inches in diameter (not a tenderloin)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb of small cooked baby shrimp
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, diced into small pieces (deseeded)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup of a your favorite barbecue rub
- Worcestershire sauce
- For the Stuffing:.
- In a medium sized bowl take the cream cheese, the shrimp, the jalapeno peppers, the green onions, and approximately ¼ cup of BBQ Rub and mix together. Set aside.
- Take a sharp knife and hollow out a hole thru the center of the pork loin approx 1-½ inches to 2 inches in diameter. Save the portion of the loin that you cut out. Take the stuffing mix and fill the hollow hole you created in the pork loin. Take a part of the loin (approximately 1 inches thick) that you cut out of the center of the loin and replace it on the two ends of the stuffed loin. Use tooth pics to hold the pieces of loin in place. Now simply use the Simple 1-2-3 method of applying Worcestershire sauce and then the remaining ½ cup of a BBQ Rub over the entire pork loin and place on your smoker or oven. Cook at approximately 200 to 225 degrees for 2 ½ to 3 hours till you get an internal temperature of 160 degrees. After about an hour on the smoker I usually form a boat with some aluminum foil and place the loin inside the boat. You can use an aluminum pan if you wish. The reason for the foil or the aluminum pan is as the center of the loin heats up the stuffing will begin to ooze out of the ends of the loin and this makes clean up a lot easier.
- Let the loin rest for about ½ hour then slice. It is a bit gooey but it is sooooo good.
- By the way you can make just the stuffing mix and use it as a dip. It is great by itself.