Recipe by Rev.CCJ
This is an amazing recipe. Very very tasty with a sliced fennel sauce. I reccomend it for a special dinner at home. This recipe is from chef G. Garvin. I highly reccomend it.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons shallots (chopped)
- 4 teaspoons garlic (chopped)
- 16 ounces spinach
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 pork chops (at least 1 1/2 inch think)
- wooden toothpick
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a sauté pan melt better and 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heath. Add 2 tablespoons each of garlic and shallot, sauté until soft. Toss in the spinach; cook until wilted. Remove from pan to bowl and let cool.
- Finely chop spinach; return to bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper, the remaining garlic and shallot, and the Parmesan and ricotta cheeses. Mix well.
- Season chops on both sides with remaining salt and pepper: pat seasonings into meat. In a sauté pan heath 1/4 cup of the oil over medium-high heat. Brown chops on both sides in hot oil until golden brown. Remove from pan. Lay chops on their bone sides and cut down the middle of the meat side. Open chops and stuff with spinach mixture. Close chops, use toothpicks to hold both sides together. Tuck spinach back in with a fork if necessary.
- Coat a baking sheet with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place chops on prepared backing sheet. Back for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked well.