Crazycook in PA's Note:
Thick pork chops are stuffed with a mixture of acini de pepe, dried apricots and celery and grilled. The pork chops are basted with a glaze made up of honey, dijon mustard and apricot preserves giving it a delectable sweet flavor. Leftover stuffing is also cooked on the grill as a side dish. I diced up a small piece of crystalized ginger instead of the ground ginger.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup acini di pepe pasta
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup dried apricot, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 4 pork chops, 1-1/4 inches thick
- 1For glaze, combine honey and Dijon mustard in a small saucepan.
- 2Stir in apricot preserves and vinegar.
- 3Heat and stir mixture until preserves is melted.
- 4Remove from heat and set aside.
- 5For stuffing, In a saucepan, add chicken broth, green onions and ginger.
- 6Bring to a boil and add the acini de pepe.
- 7Cook, uncovered for about 8 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 8(you may need to add a little more broth).
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Fold in apricots, 2 TB of the honey glaze and the celery.
- 11Cut a pocket in each pork chop
- 12Spoon about 3 TB stuffing into each chop.
- 13Fasten pockets with toothpicks.
- 14Spoon remaining stuffing onto a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- 15Fold securely, leaving space for steam to build.
- 16Set aside.
- 17In a covered grill, place chops on a hot grill off to the side, NOT directly over the coals.
- 18Cover and grill for approximately 25 minutes, basting often with honey glaze, turning chops after about 10 minutes.
- 19Place foil packets of stuffing on grill next to the chops but not over the coals and grill along with the chops. Pork chops should have an internal temperature of the 145 degrees.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Pork Chops With Apricot Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.0
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 277.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 27.3 g