Recipe by Moirianne
Make the stuffing ahead, just refrigerate. Just make sure to bring to room temp before stuffing the chops.
Top Review by S-L-P
Very Moist, flavorful and easy to prepare. I pre-made the stuffing and decided on using a pork tenderloin rather than pork chops as the recipe calls for. Thanks for sharing the great recipe and YES it does work with a tenderloin!!!
- 4 pork chops (1 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth or 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream or 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Trim fat from chops.
- Cut a 2 inch pocket in each chop.
- Sprinkle inside of each pocket lightly with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms; saute until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sage, salt, pepper, and bread crumbs.
- Add 1/3 cup sour cream or plain yogurt to mixture.
- Add enough broth/water to moisten and hold stuffing together.
- Spoon stuffing into pockets.
- Secure pockets with kitchen twine or toothpicks.
- Place chops in baking dish.
- Add remaining broth/water.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover, bake for 20 minutes or until tender.