1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is an easy way to make pork chops special. Sometimes I substitute chopped pecans for the cheddar cheese in the stuffing mix. Although the recipe calls for orange juice to moisten the stuffing mix and baste the chops with, I find apple cider or dry white wine work equally well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 pork chops (center cut rib, 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick, about 4 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups toasted bread, cubes (or cubed, dry stuffing mix)
- 1/2 cup chopped unpeeled tart apple
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup when shredded)
- 2 tablespoons light golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (or apple cider or dry white wine)
- 1/4 cup orange juice or 1/4 cup apple cider or 1/4 cup white wine, for basting (of your choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1sometimes I omit the cheese and add 1/3 to 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- 2Cut a 2 to 3 inch pocket into each chop (to the bone), along the fat side.
- 3Salt and pepper the pocket of each chop.
- 4In a bowl, toss together bread cubes, apple, cheese (or pecans) and raisins.
- 5Combine melted butter, orange juice, salt and cinnamon, stir to mix well.
- 6Pour liquid mixture over bread mixture, tossing gently to moisten stuffing.
- 7Lightly stuff the pockets in the chops.
- 8If necessary secure stuffed pockets with a toothpick, to keep the pocket partially closed.
- 9Brush both sides of chops with liquid (orange juice, apple cider or white wine).
- 10Place chops in a shallow baking/roasting pan.
- 11Bake at 350°F for 1 1/4 hours, brush chops with liquid twice during baking.
- 12Cover pan lightly with foil, and bake for 15 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 694.8
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 236.1 mg
- Sodium 535.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 67.0 g