Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Rachael Ray. I have not tried this recipe but will have to try it. It looks very good. It's stuffed with raisins and.....it's a recipe for the barbecue :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 6 slices sourdough bread, torn into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 6 pork chops, 1 1/2-inch-thick
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to high. In a casserole dish, whisk together the orange juice concentrate, vinegar, cornstarch, cloves and 1 1/2 cups water.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bread, raisins, garlic powder and 1/4 cup of the juice mixture; season with salt and pepper.
- Cut a 2-inch-wide pocket through the center of each chop, cutting from the fatty side toward the bone. Spoon 3 tablespoons of stuffing into each pocket. Marinate the chops in the juice mixture for 30 minutes.
- Lower the grill temperature to medium. Grill the chops, covered, basting once, until golden, about 4 minutes. Turn, and baste again. Cover and grill the chops until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 150 degrees, about 4 minutes.
Great recipe.....for stuffed chops. We enjoyed these immensely, but did a couple of changes. I halved the marinade since I just had two double thick chops. Instead of stuffing the chops and then marinating them, I marinated the chops with the pocket cut in the orange juice mixture first. While the chops marinated, I then made the stuffing and actually cooked the dressing also, warming the o.j. & raisins, garlic powder, then adding the bread and stirred until softened. Took the chops out of the marinade, stuffed with warmed stuffing, & put on grill. I did cook them for 5 minutes (per side) as my chops were very thick. Served with fresh sliced warmed peaches. Oh yum! Thanks, Boomette! Yum-0!