Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe got me to eat pork after swearing it off for 10 years.
- 4 pork chops, 1-1 . 5 inches thick
- 1⁄4 cup bread stuffing mix
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl combine, stuffing, mozzarella, garlic salt and pepper. Cut pockets in the chop and tie with kitchen string.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and brown chops 3 minutes per side, then set in roasting pan.
- Add onions, butter, and chicken broth to the skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes. Add to the roasting pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Drain juices from pan and thicken with roux.
- Pour over top of chops and serve.