Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious and sure to impress dish perfect for two. Double this for a family meal
- 2 pork loin chops, cut with pocket
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon onion
- 1⁄4 cup apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled cornbread
- 1 dash dried sage
- 1 dash dried thyme
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat and sauté the onion for three minutes. Add the cranberries and apple and cook for an additional minute.
- In a large bowl mix the corn bread, sage, salt, pepper, and thyme. Add the apple mixture and 1 1/2 teaspoon beaten egg.
- Carefully stuff the pork chops with the stuffing. Close the pocket with wooden toothpicks.
- Dip the pork chops in the remaining beaten egg and then into the flour.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Cover and cook the pork, turning occasionally, until the juices flow clear when chop is pierced (about 1 hour).