Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
"Borrowed" South Beach Diet recipes. Phase 1. Prep/cook times are approximate.
- 5 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lean pork
- 2 ounces low fat mozzarella, cute into 4 cubes
- Stir together pesto, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Add pork and gently combine (do not overmix).
- Shape pork mixture into 4 equal sized balls. Press 1 mozzarella cube into the center of each ball, gently form a 3/4 inch thick patty, enclosing the cheese.
- Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium heat and add burgers,cooking in batches, reduce heat to medium, cooking 5 minutes per side.