Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is really my sister's recipe, but DH and I both loved it when she served it for dinner. The original recipe calls for golden raisins but I'm not much of a fan; feel free to add some if you like. This is very easy to make completely ahead of time, simply increase your oven time when reheating.
- 4 poblano peppers, roasted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup green pimento stuffed olive
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- Spray a 12x8 baking dish with cooking spray, and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook onion and bell pepper until soft. Add garlic, chicken and next four ingredients; cook uncovered until liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in cheese.
- Place peppers into baking dish, spoon mixture into peppers and cook until heated, 10-15 minutes.