Recipe by AG0508
These are delicious, healthy, and surprisingly easy to make. But they look fancy! They are not spicy at all, so feel free to kick it up a notch if you like.
Top Review by CheCheCherie
WOW! This was great! I followed the recipe except I omitted the corn (personal taste) and used grilled fajita beef (what I had on hand). I have never seen a recipe like this using diced corn tortillas and I am amazed to say that I doubt I will fiddle with this recipe at all! Thanks for posting! :)
- 4 poblano peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken breasts
- 4 ounces queso blanco, quesadilla cheese, shredded
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup pinto beans or 1⁄2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon and chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 8 corn tortillas, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red enchilada sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Place peppers (skin side up) on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place peppers in a large zip-lock bag for 15 minutes. Peel and discard skins. Place pepper halves in a 13x9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken through the tortillas. Fold in enchilada sauce.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly among the 8 pepper halves.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.