Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love spicy foods, and this is one of many variations of stuffed peppers that we eat around here. Perfect with steaks.
- To Prepare Peppers:.
- Preheat broiler. Fill large bowl or sink with ice cold water.
- On a foil covered rack in broiler, arrange peppers about a 1/2 inch from each other and broil about 2 inches from heat, turning peppers occasionally with tongs until skins are blistered and lightly charred, about 20 minutes. Place roasted peppers straight from the broiler into the ice cold bowl water. Turn your oven off of broil and your oven on at 400 degrees.
- While peppers are broiling, shred jack cheese and place in refrigerator until ready to stuff peppers.
- Remove peppers from water and peel the blistered skin. Once all skin is removed and discarded, cut the tops off peppers and remove the stems and seeds and slice down one side to create a opening for stuffing. Place peppers on cookie sheet and set aside while preparing your ground beef taco meat.
- To Prepare Filling:.
- Heat a heavy skillet over moderate heat unit hot, but not smoking and brown ground beef. Drain the browned ground beef, and place back into the heated skillet, add the burrito season (lawry's is preferred) and follow the instructions on the back of the package, will take about 15 minutes.
- To Stuff Peppers:.
- Keep peppers on cookie sheet while stuffing.
- Place about 3 tablespoons full of ground beef on bottom of peppers and a thin layer of shredded jack cheese on top of ground beef and repeat (you should have 1 layer meat 1 layer cheese 1 layer meat and 1 layer cheese) Pull sides of peppers together until they lap over each other (appearing closed). Now place peppers in the 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.