I adapted these from a Rachel Ray recipe for chili rellenos. They are so good we almost couldn't stop eating them. The only problem was that the poblano pepper was much hotter then we thought it would be. It's supposed to be mildly hot but it was hot hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large poblano peppers (can use 8 sm if you can't find large ones)
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (20 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 large onion, chopped
- 2 pinches oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes with garlic
- 1 lime, juice of
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1Carefully cut stems out of peppers and remove seeds.
- 2Set peppers on cookie sheet and put under broiler to roast them, turning about every 6 minutes to roast evenly. Roasting will take about 18 minutes.
- 3While peppers are roasting, put olive oil in large skillet and heat. Add corn and onion.
- 4Sauté for a few minutes. Add garlic, oregano and cumin.
- 5Sauté for about 10 minutes more.
- 6Add crushed tomatoes and lime juice.
- 7Sauté for about 10 more minutes.
- 8When peppers are somewhat blistered on each side, remove from oven and cut to open and lay flat.
- 9Stuff with corn mixture.
- 10Top with cheese.
- 11Put under broiler until cheese is melted for about 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.5
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 337.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with garlic