Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A stunning combination of ingredients. I just found this quick and easy recipe from Sargento. I can't wait to try this fruit dessert.
- Combine ricotta, blue cheese, pecans and lemon juice, fill center of pears with mixture and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Heat wine to a boil in a medium skillet, add pears stuffing side up, cover and reduce heat to medium low, simmer 10 minutes or until tender.
- Sauce: Mash raspberries and strain juice into a measuring cup adding enough water to measure 3/4 cups.
- Whisk cornstarch into juice in a small sauce pan, heat and stir 5 minutes or until juice thickens and begins to bubble.
- To serve, place 3 tbls sauce on a plate and top with a pear half.
Well, Lorac, I wouldn’t wait too long! I had to use canned pears (the fresh ones looked pretty nasty), but the trade-off was that I found some fat, juicy, fresh raspberries. I used Stilton blue-veined cheese (lower in sodium) and used closer to ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg (freshly ground). Since the raspberries were fresh, I added a little real maple syrup. Topped the whole shootin’ match with a dollop of Ben and Jerry’s vanilla ice cream. 4 servings? I don’t think so! This little piggy ate half of the recipe in one sitting. Lovely dessert all the way around.