Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Stuff chicken breasts with pizza ingredients for a delicious twist on an old favorite.
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 2 slices roasted red peppers
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut pockets in the thickest part of chicken breasts.
- Spread 2 tsp tomato sauce in each pocket.
- Suff half of mozzarella, pepperoni, red pepper and basil leaves into one breast. Reapeat with second breast.
- Fold excess chicken over to seal and pin closed with toothpick.
- Saute both breasts on low heat, seam side down, in olive oil. Turn after 2 minutes. Cook 2 minutes more on second side.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with pasta and garlic bread.
Very tasty. I added some sauce on the chicken before serving, and I think I might put a slice of mozzarella on the chicken while it is baking next time. Thanks for posting this.