Recipe by Christmas Carol
Burgers stuffed with pepperoni, Mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce, then grilled to perfection and topped with even MORE sauce and cheese, not to mention your favorite pizza toppings! Served up on garlic Texas toast and sprinkled with Parmesan. Forget take-out tonight--grab a stack of napkins and travel to "Pizza Paradise" without leaving your backyard. Another fabulous creation from Taste Of Home's Prize-Winning Beef Recipes.
- 318.93 g packagefrozen garlic Texas toast thick bread
- 793.78 g ground beef
- 236.59 ml pizza sauce, divided
- 18 slice pepperoni
- 12 slice mozzarella cheese, divided (or you can use Provolone)
- 236.59 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 9.85 ml butter
- sliced green pepper and ripe olives (optional)
- 29.57 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare six Texas toast slices according to package directions. Save remaining Texas toast for another use. Meanwhile, shape beef into 12 thin patties.
- Top six patties with 1 tablespoon pizza sauce, three slices pepperoni, and one slice of Mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter.
- Top each burger with a rounded tablespoonful of pizza sauce and one cheese slice. Cover and cook 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top prepared Texas toast with green pepper slices if desired, burgers, sauteed mushrooms, sliced black olives, and Parmesan cheese.