Recipe by Potatoes Browning
No, this isn't some french bread pizza. Nor is this a bread machine recipe. This is 2 nice loaves of bread stuffed with all that stuff you love on your 'za. Easy to make and a pleaser for small gatherings or for yourself.
Top Review by MissHeather
This recipe is awesome! My whole family enjoyed it. I understood the yeast as needing to be two packets which if measuring is 1tbsp & 1/2tsp of yeast. My dough rose very quickly and was ready in one hour. We used a ton of extra cheese, pepperoni, italian sausage and black olives and it cooked perfectly fine. Due to my oven, I think, I turned my baking sheet at about halfway so one loaf would not be darker than the other. I'm just a beginner at bread making and I found this recipe easy to make :-) Thanks!
- 2 cups warm water
- 1⁄2 ounce yeast (two packets)
- 5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped green peppers, and or 1 yellow pepper
- 1⁄3 lb sliced pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- oregano, and or red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In another bowl,add salt and oil to flour.
- Add yeasty water and mix.
- Let rise for 2 hours then punch down dough.
- Divide dough into 2 equal parts.
- Roll each part into a rectangle, then brush with egg.
- Put mozzarella, pepperoni and peppers on top.
- Roll rectangle dough with toppings tightly like a jellyroll or stollen bread. Seal ends by pinching edge firmly.
- Put onto greased flat pan, brush loaves with egg, and sprinkle parmesan, oregano and pepper flakes atop.
- Bake at 400 degeees for 45 minutes. Let cool before slicing. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
- You can also stuff the bread with other toppings; mushrooms, chopped onions, precooked italian sausage chunks, ham, whatever turns you on.