No, this isn't some french bread pizza. Nor is this a bread machine recipe. This is 2 nice loaves of bread stuffed with all that stuff you love on your 'za. Easy to make and a pleaser for small gatherings or for yourself.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In another bowl,add salt and oil to flour.
- Add yeasty water and mix.
- Let rise for 2 hours then punch down dough.
- Divide dough into 2 equal parts.
- Roll each part into a rectangle, then brush with egg.
- Put mozzarella, pepperoni and peppers on top.
- Roll rectangle dough with toppings tightly like a jellyroll or stollen bread. Seal ends by pinching edge firmly.
- Put onto greased flat pan, brush loaves with egg, and sprinkle parmesan, oregano and pepper flakes atop.
- Bake at 400 degeees for 45 minutes. Let cool before slicing. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
- You can also stuff the bread with other toppings; mushrooms, chopped onions, precooked italian sausage chunks, ham, whatever turns you on.