Recipe by That is Dr House to you
Raw and microwaved veggies form the basis of this pita. It was taken from 500 fat free recipes and modifed by moi.
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup exotic mixed mushrooms
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cooked fresh corn
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, see note
- 1 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 4 whole wheat pita bread
- salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle on the Mrs. Dash or Cumin. Cook the zucchini, broccoli and mushrooms in the microwave for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato, corn, pepper and cheese to the mix. Drizzle on dressing. combine.
- Stuff the pitas and serve.
- Note Omit the cumin and use Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb mix instead or use another of your favorit Mrs. Dash's. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Use your favorite salad dressing. In this case I used Ken's Fat Free Sundried Tomato.