8 hrs 40 mins
The finished chiles can also be used as a first course or side dish for a Southwest meal. They make a nice light meal with a salad. The burgers can be made with ground turkey if preferred. Recipe doubles easily and requires at least 8 hours pickling time in the frig. This is a mild recipe so spice it up if you like things hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small egg yolk, raw
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
Stuffed Pickled Chiles
- 4 anaheim chilies or 4 poblano chiles, 5 to 6 inches long
- 1 cup wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 1 clove garlic, lightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 French rolls, split and toasted
- 1Cream Cheese Filling: Cream together cream cheese and egg yolk; stir in onions and cheese.
- 2Stuffed Pickled Chiles: Cut a short lengthwise slit in each chile; roast under broiler over over burner until blackened; place in sealed plastic bag and put in freezer for 10 minutes.
- 3Remove skins and cut chile open lengthwise; DO NOT CUT OFF THE STEM END; leave an inch uncut at each end.
- 4Remove seeds; lay in single layer in flat-bottomed container.
- 5Combine vinegar, oil, cumin seeds, garlic, sugar and salt in saucepan; bring to boil and simmer 10 minutes; cool 5 minutes; strain and pour over chiles; chill covered at least 8 hours; can be refrigerated up to one week.
- 6When ready to serve, put drained chiles in baking pan; stuff each with 1/4 of the Cream Cheese Filling;spoon on salsa and sprinkle with cheese; broil until cheese is lightly golden; serve; for use with burgers cut stem end off.
- 7Burgers: Divide the meat into 4 thin burgers and shape into the same shape as the buns, but a bit larger to allow for shrinkage; cook to desired doneness.
- 8To assemble, place burger on bun, top with pickled chile, condiments and the other half of the bun.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Pickled Chile Burger Grande
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 773.8
- Calories from Fat 443
- Total Fat 49.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 165.4 mg
- Sodium 1189.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 35.4 g