Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are 4 pts/serving. Recipe source: WW magazine (March, 2010)
Make and share this Stuffed Peppers (Ww) recipe from Food.com.
- To make filling: combine first 8 ingredients (turkey - thyme) in a bowl.
- Spoon filling into bell peppers.
- ***Transfer peppers to freezer container and cover and freeze up to 1 month""".
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Transfer peppers to 9-inch baking dish and pour tomato puree over peppers, adding enough water so liquid comes at least 1/4 up sides of peppers. Cover with foil and cook for 30-40 minutes, basting occasionally or until peppers are tender and filling is cooked (temp of filling should read 165-degrees F using an instant read thermometer inserted into filling).
- Let peppers stand for 5 minutes before serving.
My whole family realy enjoyed these. I used lean ground beef and also chopped up some red pepper I had that needed to be used. We also left out the peas. Otherwise, followed the recipe as written. The only complaint I received, was I didn't make enough. :-) Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR-2010