- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups vegetables, chicken or 2 cups beef stock
- 6 bell peppers, assorted colors
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt, if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Parboil rice in the 2 cups of broth, leave to soak up all of the broth and cool.
- Add salt, basil, drained black beans, onion and garlic to rice and mix.
- Cut the tops off the peppers leaving the stems intact and seed the peppers.
- Preheat oven to 4000.
- Stir olive oil into marinara sauce and spread 3/4 jar into bottom of a 9x13x2” casserole dish.
- Stuff each pepper generously and place in casserole dish.
- Ladle remaining marinara sauce on stuffed peppers, then cover each with the cut-off tops.
- 8. Cover with foil and bake 45-60 minutes until peppers are tender but not mushy.
- 9. Serve hot spooning the sauce over each pepper.