Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Kind of an "inside-out" style of stuffed peppers. I came up with this recipe to use up the tomato juice I had left over after making stuffed peppers. If you want more flavor in your tomato juice, try dicing up some extra bell pepper and add to the tomato juice while the meatballs cook up.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced green pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 cups tomato juice
- salt and pepper
- cooked white rice
- Mix together ground beef, garlic, onion, green pepper, egg and bread crumbs.
- Form into one inch size balls.
- Add tomato juice to a large pot or skillet.
- Add meatballs to tomato juice.
- Cook over medium-low heat until meatballs are thoroughly cooked, about 30 minutes.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
Loved by my husband, who often says upon finishing dinner, "My gosh, that was so wonderful, I shall have to kill myself now." And said with a cheesy Italian accent.