Recipe by Tudjeminka
These Ex-Yugoslavian Stuffed Peppers will satisfy your belly for days! Eastern European flare, with some American twist to it makes it yummy for the whole family! *Old family recipe that can be altered to fit any family.
Top Review by Brandon J. Li
I found the flavor to be fantastic and really enjoyed them. I may add more sauce on the bottom just because I like a little on the side to dip or even for topping some mashed potatoes.<br/><br/>I may try this seasoning blend with cabbage as well.
- 4 -5 bell peppers or 4 -5 cubanelle peppers
- 1 lb ground meat
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Vegeta
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 celery rib
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 -2 medium potato
- 2 -3 tablespoons rice
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- Combine finely chopped vegetables, oil, and seasonings in a pot or wok.
- Saute them for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add ground meat. (beef, pork, turkey, veal) your choice. Cook until brown and ready.
- Add rice to mixture and saute/cook through another 5 minutes, add sauce.
- Wash the peppers and take out the insides.
- Spoon the cooked mixture into the peppers.
- On bottom of pan lightly coat with sauce, place the peppers in the pan - do not layer one on top of the other.
- Sprinkle some paprika, olive oil, and if any remaining mixture on top of the peppers.
- Bake covered with foil at 375 for 50 minutes.
- Bake another 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees uncovered.