Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a two serving recipe. Green peppers stuffed with ground beef, tomato sauce, and rice baked in the oven. Easy dinner for 2!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet cook ground beef with onion and drain off grease.
- Stir in 1 cup tomato sauce, rice, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut off tops of the two green peppers and remove seeds. Place peppers in a laarge pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes, drain.
- place green peppers into a shallow 2 quart sized baking dish.
- Spoon meat mixture into peppers.
- If any of the meat mixture is left over just place in baking dish around peppers. Drizzle with remaining tomato sauce.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender.
This recipe is pretty good. I did increase the salt and pepper to about 1 teaspoon each because I know my husband wouldn't eat it if he thought it was too bland. I was glad I increased the spices and recommend it for others. This makes a lot. I had 2 large peppers which I split in half and then mounded the filling on top. Made for PAC Fall 2012.