1/7 Photos of Stuffed Peppers
Another one from my hairdresser, but modified to suit my taste. This makes a lot of stuffing, so I fill a couple of ramekins with the stuffing for lunches on another day. I love to use a mixture of red, yellow, orange and green peppers for color and flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 (3/4 ounce) envelope good seasons garlic & herb salad dressing mix
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 large bell peppers
- 1In a large lidded skillet, brown the beef, onion, pepper, celery and garlic until the meat is no longer pink and the onions are clear.
- 2While the meat mixture is browning, cut off the tops of the large bell peppers, scoop out and discard the seeds and membranes. Rinse inside and out, then turn upside down to drain.
- 3Drain the meat mixture and return to pan.
- 4Add the mushrooms, dressing mix, larger can of tomato sauce and 1 1/2 cups of the water; stir lightly, then add rice.
- 5Mix in well, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6While that simmers, combine the remaining water and small can of tomato sauce, and pour into a casserole dish to coat the bottom.
- 7Arrange the peppers on top of the sauce in the dish. Place about 1 T of shredded cheese in the bottom of each pepper.
- 8Spoon the rice mixture into the peppers. Spoon additional stuffing around the peppers, if you like.
- 9Cover and bake 40 minutes at 400 degrees.
- 10Remove foil and top each pepper with cheese.
- 11Return to oven for five minutes, then serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.7
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.1 mg
- Sodium 758.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salad dressing mix