This recipe does not include rice, but you are always welcomed to add this ingredient.
Make and share this Stuffed Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 6 green bell peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
Quick Tomato Sauce Topping
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray baking pan with cooking spray.
- Blanch peppers in boiling, salted, water 5 minutes.
- Briefly, and lightly, hand mix ground beef mixture, adding all ingredients from ground beef to parsley, except tomato sauce topping.
- With a tablespoon, stuff each pepper with meat mixture.
- Mix ingredients of tomato sauce and spices, or use any tomato sauce of your choice.
- Place 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce in baking pan covering bottom. (This will be a small amount of covering).
- Add meat stuffed peppers to dish.
- Drizzle tomato sauce over top of stuffed peppers.
- Add optional 1 piece of bacon to top of each pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- When serving, dish out tomato "gravy" to top of each pepper.