Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love stuffed peppers, but don't always have the time to make them. So, you might call this the "Lazy Man's Stuffed Peppers", since it has all the great taste, but is so quick and easy. This is very hearty...great comfort food!!!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups chopped green bell peppers (about 2 large peppers)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (light or dark, whatever you have on hand)
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (or seasoned pepper)
- 3 cups water (or a little more)
- In a large saucepan, brown beef and drain.
- Add dry soup mix and stir.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover; and simmer for about 45 minutes or until peppers are tender.