Recipe by Julie B's Hive
From TOH simple & delicious. Slightly different from the rest, this one makes good use of ready-to-serve long grain & wild rice and is ready-to-eat in 30 minutes. Recipe originally from Tracy Thompson of Pennsylvania.
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) envelopeready-to-serve long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups frozen chopped green peppers, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (26 ounce) jar chunky tomato pasta sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, green peppers and onions until meat iss no longer pink. Drain off excess fat. Add pasta sauce to the meat mixture. Add the tomatoes, the broth, and the prepared rice. Heat through.