Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From TOH simple & delicious. Slightly different from the rest, this one makes good use of ready-to-serve long grain & wild rice and is ready-to-eat in 30 minutes. Recipe originally from Tracy Thompson of Pennsylvania.
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) envelopeready-to-serve long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups frozen chopped green peppers, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (26 ounce) jar chunky tomato pasta sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, green peppers and onions until meat iss no longer pink. Drain off excess fat. Add pasta sauce to the meat mixture. Add the tomatoes, the broth, and the prepared rice. Heat through.
This made a good dinner for us tonight. I added some cheddar cheese on top because I always put cheese on my stuffed peppers. Made for Aus/NZ swap.
I too have this recipe from TOH mag. I made this for my hubby (who has stuffed peppers on this his of all time favs) and his construction crew. They LOVED it! You may need some tums though!