A beautiful, highly-flavored salad from humble beginnings. Use yellow or red bell peppers for variety, if you wish. Chilling time not included in preparation time. From the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Select well-shaped bell peppers; cut stem end off, remove all seeds and membranes, and stuff with pimiento cheese spread.
- 2Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- 3Slice in 1/4" slices with a very sharp knife.
- 4Place 3 slices on each of six individual beds of lettuce or salad greens.
- 5Make a cream cheese rosette in the center of the salad.
- 6Add a bit of pimiento to center of flower and bits of bell pepper stuck in the side for leaves.
- 7Serve with mayonnaise.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Pepper Salad
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.8
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 73.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimiento cheese spread